OmMade Chai Nirvana Peanut Butter Pie
Serves: 6 to 8 people
- 1 sleeve Marie biscuits or other similar British tea biscuits (will make 1 ½ cups of crumbs)
- ⅓ cup maple or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Elements Truffles Turmeric Infused Dark Hot Chocolate powder
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 9 oz container OmMade Chai Nirvana Peanut Butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350º
2. Put the biscuits in a blender or food processor. Pulse until the biscuits are finely ground. Put the crumbs in a bowl.
3. Add the sugar + hot chocolate powder and stir.
4. Melt the butter and pour it over the crumbs. Stir to combine and then put the mixture in a 9” pie plate.
5. Use your hands to press the crust firmly and evenly; then use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to smoothen the crust.
6. Bake at 350º for seven minutes. Remove and let cool.
7. Chill the crust in the fridge while preparing the filling.
1. Chill a medium-sized bowl and the beaters of an electric handheld mixer in the freezer.
2. Once the bowl is chilled, take it out & pour the whipping cream into it. Beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Set this aside.
3. In a larger bowl, use the same beaters to whip the softened cream cheese.
4. Add OmMade Chai Nirvana Peanut butter and cream the mixture.
5. Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and beat until fluffy.
6. Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter+cream cheese mixture.
7. Remove the crust from the fridge. Scoop the filling in and gently spread evenly.
8. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving.
Serve & enjoy!
(Recipe & picture: Jalsa by Veda)