OmMade Coconut Bliss White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serves: You decide - we won’t tell!
- 1 cup OmMade Coconut Bliss peanut butter (pour out any separated oil)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (King Arthur preferred)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 5 mL vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sweet shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set the dry ingredients aside.
- Use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment to cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy; about 2-3 minutes on high speed.
- Lower the mixing speed and add the eggs, one at time, then the vanilla and OmMade Peanut Butter. Scrape down the sides of the bowel with a rubber spatula. Turn the mixer off.
- Add the dry ingredients, then the coconut, chopped peanuts, and white chocolate chips. Mix at low speed until just incorporated; about -2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again, and make sure everything is evenly mixed, but don’t over mix.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, place ~2 inch balls of dough ~2 inches apart on a cookie rack lined with parchment paper (~10 cookies per rack)
- Press each ball down with a fork for the classic crisscross pattern. A little water helps the fork not to stick.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. It’s ok if the tops still look a little wet if the edges are starting to brown. Don’t over bake!
- Place the hot cookies on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Let cool. This is important because the cookies finish baking on the hot rack.
- Best when eaten warm with cold milk!
(Recipe & picture: Dominick Auci)